Software Engineer III
BAE Systems is looking for a mid-level software engineer to work in our Software and Tools group directly supporting our Test Engineering organization as a software developer in support of a major Department of Defense contract for Strategic Systems Programs. The successful candidate must be able to support the full software development life cycle (SDLC) which include requirements development and verification/validation, design implementation, code development, test development and execution (including unit, module/integration, regression, release) and problem investigation. The candidate must be able to present status to non-software developer audiences and interact with the customer. A working knowledge of configuration management and quality assurance principles is essential. Field site support required on a periodic basis.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Ability and eligibility to obtain and maintain DoD Secret security clearance
• 5+ years of experience with Java
• 5+ years of experience with GUI development
• Experience with HTML
• 5+ years of experience with build tools such as Ant, Maven or Gradle
• JUnit or similar unit test tool
• Configuration Management System
• Requirements Traceability Management
• Strong written and verbal communication skills to explain ideas to both management and technical audiences
• Excellent analytical/problem solving, organizational, and time management skills
• Strong math background including calculus and statistics.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience with Subversion, TortoiseSVN, Ant, Maven, automated testing, Swing and JavaFX FXML, DOORS, JIRA, XML, prior DoD/Navy software development experience
- Experience performing Quality Assurance (QA) and/or Configuration Management (CM)
- Training or experience in MBSE
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top