Software Engineer II Toolsmith / DevOps
- Nashua, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
We are looking for early career Software professionals in a toolsmith role to work with other developers on tasks such as operating system upgrades, software vulnerability assessment, continuous integration and script development.
In this exciting role, you will enjoy opportunities to take on diverse and challenging work assignments, flexible scheduling with every other Friday off, an inviting and supportive culture, competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package that includes tuition reimbursement for advanced degrees.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and if you desire...become an expert or future technical leader in our engineering organization.
• Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C++ or Python) of software designs that support the software project environment.
• Creation of RPM install packages
• Building open source for current development environment
• Assisting in the creation of DevSecOps infrastructure
• Patching of embedded systems
• Updating application code to work with latest open source
• Obtaining security approvals for new tools and maintenance
• Supporting the development of Jira workflow
Required Skills and Education
- Secret Clearance (active within the past two years)
- Proficient utilizing modern programming languages (e.g. C++, Python, or other scripting languages)
- Proficient with source code control tools
- Experience using Linux
- Familiarity with source code control
- Expected to earn Security Plus certification
- Must be eligible to obtain a US Government Secret level clearance
- Experience with Object Oriented design, development practices, and implementation
- Hands-on use of software development tools such as the Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- Experience with Continuous Integration Tools
- Multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, and Merrimack.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top