Software Engineer II
Today's warfighters and intelligence analysts are overwhelmed with data and tasks from a variety of unmanned vehicle systems. Our software helps the warfighter become more effective and efficient in operating groups of unmanned vehicles by developing revolutionary mission management technologies to automate and offload manual control of unmanned assets for many customers in the defense industry. We solve the most difficult problems our country faces so that we can keep our country and our warfighter safe.
If you are a technology driven individual who loves to design, write, integrate, and test cutting edge software based around challenging algorithms like the traveling salesman. The FAST Labs business area is the innovative research and development engine within the Electronic Systems Sector of BAE. As a Software Engineer II in the FAST Labs Engineering Directorate, supporting the Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) Directorate, you will participate in the complete software development lifecycle including designing, developing, debugging, testing, configuring, and deploying our complex, real-time software solutions into simulation and live flight exercises, applying state-of-the-art software development tools and techniques.
As a member of the Software Engineering Directorate, you will have opportunities to develop strong and increasingly complex software skills and stay current in the software discipline. The organization focuses on career development of our software engineers and advancement of the craft of software engineering. You will be working alongside other highly motivated engineers passionate about software and protecting our military service personnel. This position may require occasional travel up to 20% of the time to support integration and test events.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Active Secret security clearance is required
- Object-Oriented language experience (C++/C#/Java)
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities, willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering or Scientific field or equivalent experience.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Current Java software development experience on Windows or Linux
- Experience with any of Distributed Systems, Multi-threaded systems, or Military systems or simulations
- Full Life-Cycle Software Development experience
- Agile Development experience
- Object-Oriented Design / Architecture experience
- Familiarity with source control systems and configuration management practices
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top