Software Engineer II
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless.
We are looking for early career Software professionals to help us create the world's most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation's security and the war fighter.
We are looking to add a few new members to our team. Engineers with language skills in C++ and exposure to object oriented development.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and if you desire...become an expert or future technical leader in our engineering organization.
- Duties include analyzing, designing, coding and code modification (typically in C++) of complex software designs for simple systems or subsystems or subsystems of larger systems.
- You will be assisting in the evaluation of complex software designs to identify design flaws.
- You will utilize either a Windows or Linux based software development environment. Embedded targets could range from ARM through high performance x86-64 CPUs and Graphics Processing Units (GPUs). You will be integrating and testing in the selected target test environments.
- Opportunities are available to grow into a technical lead on the program where you will mentor your team and present the technical design at technical interchange meetings with the customer.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Proficient in C, C++
- Familiar with Object Oriented design, development practices, and implementation
- Familiar with source code control tools
- Able to attain a Secret Clearance
- Real-time embedded development
- Graphical User Interfaces
- C#, Qt, Python, Java and/or Ada
- Windows/Unix/Linux OS
- Continuous Integration Tools
- Military systems or simulations
- Agile Development experience
- Designing and/or implementing software algorithms
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Local candidates preferred
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top