Software Engineer I
Connect the people who matter to the information they need the most. At BAE Systems, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in SIGINT (Signal Intelligence) receivers and hardware suites to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place.
We are creating world class Eclipse SIGINT™ receivers and hardware suites at our design and manufacturing site in Dallas, TX. The Eclipse SIGINT™ team designs for high dynamic range, or low power, RF and IF receivers, complex digital embedded control processors and FPGA designs, as well as DSP hardware and software demodulator designs.
We're ready for any challenge - are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about!
To work as a team member in the software group responsible for the development and maintenance of embedded product software. This includes implementation of software solutions and management practices; test software using debuggers, emulators, simulators and logic analyzers; execution of software releases, upgrades, custom interfaces and software quality assurance activities; supporting customers who are implementing our software on their hardware platforms.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Software Engineering or a Master of Science
• Experience designing, developing and testing embedded software and network based applications in C, C++
• Experience with Linux
• Familiarity with the Software Life Cycle including Requirements Analysis is required
• Ability and willingness to rapidly learn new languages and tools
• Ability to troubleshoot complex problems and provide innovative solutions
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
• Experience with RF concepts and measurements is a plus
• Experience with I2C and SPI communication busses is a plus
• Familiarity with Digital Signal processing, control systems and digital filters a plus
• JAVA GUI development a plus
• Experience writing device drivers for Linux and Windows a plus
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top