Software Engineer - Embedded Systems
- Los Angeles, CA
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us, where you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics - whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management ( http://www.baesystems-ps.com/interactive/cas.htm ).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Operate in all stages of the software development cycle.
• Work with Systems and Hardware Engineers to translate business needs and customer requirements into technical solutions.
• Develop Software individually and as part of a team for real time embedded electronics solutions for high integrity and safety critical applications.
• Work with Systems and Hardware Engineers to perform on hardware testing, verification and debug.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident.
• Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or other related technical field
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
Experience in any the following areas are a plus.
• Embedded Software development in C, Assembly programming languages.
• Higher level programing & scripting languages such as JAVA, Perl, etc.
• Low level Software Development such as:
o Device Firmware
o Device Drivers
o BIOS Development
o Processor Support Packages(PSP)
o Board Support Packages(BSP)
o Operating System Development
o Assembly Code
• Processor System-On-Chip Features
o Analog to Digital Converters (ADCs) / Digital to Analog Converters (DACs)
o Memory Controllers
o Direct Memory Access (DMA) Engines
o Processor architectures PowerPC, ARM, x86
• Data Busses
o PCI Express(PCIe), Ethernet, SPI, CAN Bus
o ARINC 429, ARINC 664, ARINC 825, J1939
o UART (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485)
• Configuration/Change Management Systems
• Software Requirements Creation/ Management.
• Software Verification and Validation.
• Hardware/Software Integration & Debug using integrated development environments (IDE)
• Experience in a Safety Critical or Functional Safety Real Time Embedded Electronics Industry such as:
o Aerospace, Military, Medical, Automotive, Industrial / Energy / Nuclear, Internet of Things (IoT)
• Experience with Safety Critical or Functional Safety industry standards such as:
o DO-178B, DO-178C, IEC 62304, IEC 62368, IEC 61508, ISO 26262
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top