Software Engineer - Embedded Development
BAE Systems is looking for candidates to perform Software Engineering activities for moderately complex avionics control systems in our growing avionics business area.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
- Design, code and integrate custom software for embedded systems. Assist in the development and allocation of software requirements. May allocate requirements to software, evaluate the impact of requirements changes, lead others in this task, and interact with customers regarding requirements. Develop software design and design documentation.
- Construct software efficiently which meets identified needs (e.g., reusability, portability) in an efficient way. Review and prepare documentation for complex software designs in accordance with established software development processes and procedures. May run tests, evaluate results, debug defects. May participate in planning verification and validation activities of the integrated product.
- Verify complex software designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements. May run or participate in work product reviews and inspections. Code, unit test and integration of complex software designs.
- Estimate software level of effort and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects. May assist in the preparation of proposals and presentations. May write sections of technical proposals. May perform evaluations/trade studies for complex engineering development tools.
- May perform complex engineering development tool design; development; maintenance; testing; piloting; tool customization; integration with other tools; project insertion, and/or on-going support efforts.
- Candidates should possess strong communication skills both written and oral. Candidates should also demonstrate sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Bachelor’s degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience with embedded software development
- Working knowledge high-order programming languages (C, C++, Ada)
- Must be a motivated, team-oriented individual
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation
Preferred Skills and Education Experience in full lifecycle development including requirements, design, code, integration and verification
- Experience using Matlab/Simulink and autocoding from models
- Experience interfacing with Configuration Management tools (i.e. Razor, Synergy)
- Knowledgeable in Real Time Operating Systems (VxWorks, Integrity)
- Familiar with DO-178B
- Familiar with bus protocols (ARINC 429, RS232, 1553, CAN, AFDX)
- Project leadership experience
- 8+ years of software development experience About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top