Software Engineer / Developer
BAE Systems Panama City has an opportunity for two (2) Sr. Level Software Developers on our Modeling Simulation, Evaluation, and Testing (MSEAT) contract. Candidate should have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in software based systems that are primarily written in C++ and java, and other legacy programming languages. As part of our dynamic team, candidate will be responsible for assisting NSWC Panama City by supporting various technical instructions, equipment, and warfare laboratories. The Ideal candidate will have aptitude to take on complex problems, form plans for resolution, and execute remedial action as a lead or Sr. Software Developer. A Bachelor’s degree in relevant field preferred but not required. U.S. citizenship and a DoD Secret clearance are required for this position (TS may be required).
- Participate in delivery, integration and testing of the Surface Navy Integrated Undersea Tactical Trainer (SNUITT) and/ or MEDAL software program during enhancement and upgrades
- Perform RDT&E for software modules relating to Mine Counter Measures Systems including, but not limited to:
- And AQS-24 systems
- Using Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD) methodologies to enhance development of technologies
- Utilize C, C++, and C# programing languages as well as .NET framework, and Common Language Runtime to update and evaluate systems.
- Assist in Configuration Management by supporting version tracking, requirements management, change reports, and change management utilizing CMPRO and/or Tracwiki.
- Troubleshoots problems and provides customer support for software operating system and application issues.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned.
- Participates in special projects as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- A High School Diploma or GED is required.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- US Citizenship
- Active Secret Security Clearance or ability to attain one
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required;
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in an applicable technical field is preferred;
- C++, C, and/or C# certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top