BAE System is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to design and lead development of cutting-edge technology and future military systems by turning complex, real-time software solutions into prototype and demonstration products and using software best practices, tools and techniques to protect those who protect us.
Work in one of the fastest-growing technology hubs in the world, deep in the heart of Texas, where you’ll participate in the complete software development lifecycle, including creating and implementing architectural models from early product concept through detailed design, integration, test and sustainment.
Develop electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) vision systems, threat management solutions and mission and protection systems using development environments for embedded real-time software, FPGAs/ASICs, mobile devices, high performance computing, test equipment and rapid prototyping.
Use and develop strong interpersonal skills by working with a variety of customers, distributed teams and demanding program constraints to achieve exceptional performance. Hone your skills as a team leader and technical professional.
Travel up to 10% of the time to support integration and test events.
Local candidates strongly preferred. No relocation available. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Math from an accredited university with a minimum of:
- 5+ Years with BS
- 3+ Years with MS
- 1+ Years with PhD
- Strong development skills and group project experience with one or more higher level programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java
- Object-Oriented language experience (e.g. C++, C# or Java)
- Motivated individual with strong problem-solving abilities
- Willingness to perform a wide variety of related tasks
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- US Citizenship is required
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred experience:
- Various Linux and Windows operating systems
- Real-time embedded software development
- Driver-level development or Board-Support Package (BSP) integration
- Multi-core / multi-processor software development
- GPGPU programming (CUDA/OpenCL) or OpenCV (Computer Vision)
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. python, perl, bash, csh, sh, etc.)
- FPGA/VHDL development
- GigE Vision, MIL-STD-1553, serial communications (RS-232, RS-422, RS-485), RS-170, Fibre Channel and Ethernet data bus interfaces
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top