BAE Systems has a position available for a talented software engineer in a forward looking company where technical excellence is highly valued. The Software Engineer will apply her or his skills to developing high-quality real-time embedded software for fielded electronics platforms. This position will provide the candidate the opportunity to experience all phases of software development working in a inspired and motivated team environment.
Duties include requirements definition, designing, coding and testing complex software programs. Require ability to work with other engineering disciplines: systems, hardware, firmware, etc. as well as interface with program engineering management. Candidates must be capable of working independently keeping to cost and schedule.
Candidates should have experience in software development. Experience in embedded software and/or Ada programming is desired but not required.
Local candidates preferred as there is no relocation for this position. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Requires:
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, ECS (Electrical and Computer Science), Electrical Engineering, or other Scientific degree with strong software engineering content and 5+ years of experience
- Proficient in C, C++, C#, Java, Ada or other high level language
- Good communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Must be a US Citizen Preferred Skills and Education Preferred:
- Experience in Ada programming.
- Real-time embedded development
- Object Oriented Design/Development
- Development for Windows/Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- Desire to lead technical teams About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top