Although, the following summary covers what is required from individuals in this position, not all Duties, Tasks, and Responsibilities, will apply at each level of performance. Which duties and responsibilities apply to the respective level will be determined by each vendor and the government using the experience level chart found in the Minimum Experience tab. This is work within the multi-level Applications Developer specialty. Positions work under minimal technical guidance provided by a more senior technical project leader. Positions are responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining complex applications and/or databases. Positions also draft technical program documentation, such as end-user operational instructions. Depending upon assignment, positions may be responsible for developing and maintaining software applications and/or databases, including web applications and user interfaces. Based on assignment, incumbents may serve as Contracting Officer Technical Representative responsible for a full range of contracting activities in coordination with contracting officer.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Considerable knowledge of the life-cycle process for software development, web applications, and implementation
- Considerable knowledge and ability to program proficiently in two or more of the applications or database programming languages relevant to the project
- Ability to translate user requirements into end-to-end design for applications/databases that may involve multiple interfaces to other applications or supporting database systems.
- Ability to track and resolve programming bugs
Ability to explain protocols, technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and nontechnical
- Ability to plan, set goals and determine strategies for accomplishing results; monitors and evaluates progress toward goals
- Ability to write clear, concise and effective requirements documents, correspondence, procedures and reports in accordance with policies.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top