The Software Engineer develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
Software Engineering tasks include:
- Design and develop new software.
- Maintain existing software and resolves software problem reports.
- Modify existing software to add new features.
- Perform individually and as part of a team.
- Utilize software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment and in compliance with customer and industry lifecycle development approaches.
- Develop, execute and document software testing, including test cases.
- Perform software requirement analysis, derivation and allocation.
- Provide input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, application security, and use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development.
- Provide input to hardware (COTS/GOTS/capacity/etc.) recommendations.
- Prepare software documentation, including user guides. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
Required Skills: Active security clearance required. • U.S. Citizenship required. • Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Java, Perl, Ruby, Python, HTML, C, C++, .NET, ColdFusion, Adobe, etc. • Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, etc. • Demonstrated experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following: Windows, Linux, Apache, TomCat, Ozone Widgets, Spring, Struts, JUnit, Hibernate, etc.
Preferred Skills and Education Preferred Skills: Experience with Agile development methodology. • Experience with software configuration management and control tools (e.g., CVS, Eclipse, ClearCase, etc.) • Experience with automated testing tools (e.g., RSpec, Cucumber, etc.) Certifications: • DoD 8570.1-M Compliance at IAT Level I (e.g., Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)) certification highly desired About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top