The Advanced Sensors and Processing (ASP) group within the Sensor Processing and Exploitation (SPX) Directorate within BAE Systems Technology Solutions (TS) has an open requirement for a motivated Software Engineer to support development and testing of high-performance computing solutions. The ASP group is currently engaged in numerous cutting-edge projects including: development and transition of airborne wide area persistent surveillance imaging systems, development of low-SWaP multi-sensor systems, and development of novel ultra-low power computing architectures.
An appropriate candidate must have hands-on experience with C++ programming in a Linux environment with a strong desire to support design, development, maintenance, and testing of high quality software. The ideal candidate will have experience with object-oriented design, C++ multithreading and Linux system configuration. The software engineer will also design and execute manual and automated tests to validate application functionality and performance.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – B.S. in computer science (or equivalent) with 2 years experience or M.S.
- C++ programming skills in a Linux environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Skills and Education Experience or interest in one or more of the following areas preferred:
- Image & signal processing for remote sensing and defense applications
- IP-based software messaging and interfacing
- Linux system configuration
- Optimization of network and storage device usage for maximum throughput
- Cross-platform development
- Database configuration and optimization
- Scripting in Bash, VBScript, Python, Perl About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top