- Annapolis Junction, MD
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Required Skills and Education
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Twelve (12) years Software Engineering experience, with a minimum of eight (8) years circuit switch developing software experience within the Intelligence Community or DoD SIGINT systems.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- An additional four (4) years of Software Engineering experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree.
- Experience designing and implementing object oriented solutions in Java.
- Experience with Java, Subversion, Teamwork, User Interface Design, writing Software Requirements, Software Development Processes, and Software Debugging.
- Experience in inteliJ, NetBean, or Eclipse development environments.
- Strong understanding of data structures and multi-threaded processing.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills.
- Familiarity navigating Linux using bash commands to configure administrative settings and evaluate system performance.
- Ability to identify and anticipate needs of a user community, development staff, and integrated applications.
- Experience developing Junit tests to automate the regression testing.
- Basic understanding of modern telephony systems.
- Experience with basic networking.
- Experience with cellular technologies.
- Familiarity with various signals processing systems.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top