The Software Development team at Advanced GEOINT Systems (AGS) - Systems Integration Group (SIG) develops, implements, and integrates state-of-the art sensor-data processing and analytics technologies, providing compact and scalable solutions to challenging problems in areas of video analytics, sensor data processing, computer vision, and machine learning.
As a member of the software group, you will contribute to a highly-motivated small team responsible for software development and data analysis for client-driven programs and the integration of these technologies into core BAE Systems products or customer platforms. The ideal candidate will interface with management as well as end users; enjoys learning in a challenging environment; can work on multiple teams and projects; and can apply their technical skill in solving real-world problems.
Possible near-term tasks for this position include:
- optimization, maintenance, and implementation of new features for multi-threaded, high-performance, cross-platform software; reference http://www.geospatialexploitationproducts.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/GXP_Brochure_2016_WEB_GXP-MOVINT-Solutions.pdf
- development and enhancement of multi-source intelligence applications to incorporate advanced analytics and capabilities
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
We are seeking candidates that are motivated to develop skills in new technical areas, solve challenging and unique problems, and enjoy working on a diverse range of assignments. Developers that know how to profile, optimize, and test their own code will fit best within our skilled and dynamic small team. Other job requirements include:
- Experience programming in C++ or Python (experience with both languages is preferred)
- Experience with software development processes, including version control, documentation, code review, and testing
- Thorough understanding of object-oriented programming concepts
- Familiarity with both Linux and Windows operating systems
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD security clearance
While not critical to the open position, experience with the following skills are useful in our organization and will be helpful as you expand your roles and responsibilities:
- Implementing and using RESTful web services
- Application multi-threading and distributed computing (MPI, OpenMP)
- Incorporation of third-party C++ libraries (Boost, FFMPEG, OpenCV, Xerces)
- Design, configuration, and optimization of relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Creating and maintaining cross-platform software (Windows/Linux)
- Interfacing with sensors to process and control video streams
- Implementation of signal and image processing algorithms
- Design and implementation of effective user interfaces
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud platforms
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top