- Annapolis Junction, MD
Looking for an Exciting Career Move? It is Waiting for You at BAE Systems!
BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems , we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are seeking to hire a Software Engineer to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Required Skills and Education
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
Fourteen (14) years of experience as a Software Engineer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Four (4) years of additional software engineering experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Operational support and sustainment of legacy software systems consisting of complex data flows.
- Strong understanding of data structures, ingest of data from multiple sources and multi-threaded processing.
- Large scale data migration expertise from legacy database systems to new data warehouses.
- Experience with developing software for Microformats such as BME.
- Sybase database knowledge or similar relational database.
- Experience with data mapping - ability to access the Sybase database and develop queries to pull data based on the data mapping requirements.
- Create complex queries using SQL to extract data sets from the database using a multitude of extraction requirements.
- Ability to design, develop, and execute effective unit and data validation testing to ensure that the data migration was successful.
- Ability to identify and resolve anomalies in the migrated data.
- Experience with XML and JAVA.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and ability to troubleshoot database-related performance issues.
- As the lead of the project, the candidate should be able to represent the project and brief the status during customer weekly meetings - summarize issues and present options for resolution.
- Ability to respond to customer requests for inquiries about the data, formulate SQL queries to conduct the research, and present the results to the customer.
- The individual will be expected to interact with customers and participate in BLACKWATCH transition and decommission planning.
- Ability to spin up quickly on new projects, and serve as the backup for two other systems in the organization.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
Recent experience consisting of:
- Familiarity with various scripting languages.
- Familiarity with SOTF XML.
- Familiarity with BME Microformats.
- Basic experience with doing development in a Linux/Redhat or similar operating system environment.
- Familiarity with BLACKWATCH, NIMBLE, OUTERBANKS.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top