Software Discipline Manager
See what you are missing...
Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers, and landing the latest spacecraft on the planet Mars. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we are innovating for the future.
We are seeking an engaged software leader who is passionate about the craft of software engineering, has a desire to mentor our engineers, and who can partner with other members of the engineering leadership team to attract and retain talented engineers.
In your role, you will manage a group of 15 to 25 software engineers, providing them with technical mentoring, career guidance and periodic feedback. We want to grow our team and you will be integral in the interviewing and hiring of these new software team members. You will also be an active member of the Software Engineering leadership team, shaping the software culture and process while ensuring that the staffing and technical needs of the business are met. You will assist our programs by using your skills and experience to ensure the design, implementation, and sustainment of our software solutions meet and exceed customer expectations. Technical roles will vary to include architecture and design reviews, strategic initiative implementation, targeted implementation support, bid and proposal activities, and other aspects that align with your skills and career aspirations.
If you want the opportunity to both be a Software People Manager and Technical Leader for today and tomorrow, we want to talk with you and show you what a career at BAE Systems can mean for you.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret/SCI Clearance
- Experience as a manager of people, providing supervision, mentoring, hiring, and career guidance
- Experience providing technical direction to a team of engineers
- Experience with the full software lifecycle
- Knowledge of embedded software development
- Experience with Software Estimates
- Experience as a software project lead responsible for execution, cost, and schedule
- Experience with DevOps utilizing Continuous Integration and Test techniques and tools
- Experience with Jira, Bitbucket, Git, Confluence, Collaborator, Coverity, Jenkins
- Experience with formal Software Configuration Management and Change Control
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top