Software Development Manager
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics -from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our engineers are the lifeblood of our company and we're more than 5,000 strong. With our robust offering of educational and career development opportunities, your chances to grow are limitless. We have multiple positions in Southern New Hampshire, in facilities located in Nashua, Hudson, Merrimack and Manchester.
We are seeking talented, experienced Software Engineering Managers to help us create the world's most advanced solutions in the area such as Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), Aircraft Protection, Radar Warning and Electronic Attack for our defense related customers. Our products provide critical mission capabilities to address the ever-evolving challenges and threats to our nation's security and the war fighter.
The selected candidate will provide technical leadership, project management, and guidance for the software engineering development activities. This position is customer facing and will provide Software Project Management reporting, documentation, and updates to both Program Management and the Software Discipline.
We will provide you opportunities to learn, leverage our current technologies, incorporate new technologies, and be a leader in our engineering organization.
• Duties include the execution of complex software architecture and designs on projects.
• Establish required management systems and provide leadership to assure the effective performance of work, close monitoring of cost and schedule, and take timely and effective corrective action.
• Establish communication to keep management informed of the function's progress and results.
• Use existing processes and evolve processes to utilize the most effective new techniques as they become available, assuring the use of methodologies which minimize both design cost and product cost.
• Provide, directly or indirectly, top level technical leadership for the assigned design discipline(s) including selection and exploitation of promising new technologies, long-term goals, etc.
• Ensure effective communication between assigned engineers and all other participants in the design process.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must have experience managing multiple software projects simultaneously.
- Requires extensive background in embedded software development in C and C++
- Experience with software and systems engineering processes, methodologies, and tools
- Experience performing software testing, validation, and verification activities
- Previous experience in project leadership role or functional management
- Demonstrated ability to develop, lead, and motivate technical teams
- Real-time embedded development
- Working knowledge of Radar systems and fundamentals
- Working knowledge of SIGINT systems and fundamentals
- Graphical User Interfaces
- C#, Qt, Python, Java and/or Ada
- Windows/Unix/Linux/VxWorks/Integrity OS
- Continuous Integration Tools
- Military systems or simulations
- Agile Development experience
- Designing and/or implementing software algorithms
- Master's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top