Join BAE's Intelligence and Security division and be a part of the team of men and women who solve some of the world's most complex technical challenges. The Intelligence and Security division is searching for a Software Developer to join our team in Reston, VA. Do you enjoy working with cutting edge technology to solve tough problems? Our Technology group is comprised of deeply passionate and experienced professionals who guide clients through their most complex technology challenges. This position offers on the job training and an ability to grow your technical talent.
- Provide Software enhancements, operations and maintenance support of the customer Payroll and HR system/application.
- Responsible for design, coding and implementation of requested enhancements and/or operational tasks.
- Duties include:
- Analyze user and/or system requirements and translate those system requirements into a detailed design and user acceptable computer software.
- Perform unit testing, debugging and refining of the software code.
- Participate in the design and peer review.
- Prepare required system design documentation and assist with preparation of programmatic and user level documentation.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- A qualified candidate will have an Active Intel clearance with a favorable polygraph, will not be considered without it.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of software development experience in a broad range of IT systems.
- 1-3 years of experience with SQL, PL/SQL, understanding the workings of a database, ie, Tables, indexes, CRUD, constraint, triggers, etc.
- 1-3 years of experience with Unix OS, familiar with directory structure, editing and shell scripting.
- Demonstrated strong time management (ie, prioritize, organize and deliver results) skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn new skills related to scripting, Amazon Web Service (AWS) Cloud Technologies and configuration framework like Infor Landmark.
- Knowledge of Crystal reports.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top