Software Developer - Forensics Analysis Tools
Software Developer Forensics Analysis Tools
Chantilly, VA 20150
Software Developer will work on-site with a government program.
Postion requires US Citizenship with high level security clearance, eligibility for upgrade, and able to take/pass a polygraph.
This position is for dedicated cyber professionals that thrive on the challenges of mission centric tasking. Must have experience with development at the user and web level, computer programming, and /or computer digital forensics.
The overall project work involves Intrusion Analysis, Network Forensics and Technical Profiling, Malware / Binary Reverse Engineering, and Research and Requirements gathering. In addition, the project will maintain existing automated forensic and malware analysis tools and develop, deploy, operate, and maintain new automated tools, systems, and processes.
Position will support computer network capture and artifact analysis associated with suspected computer intrusions. Candidate will conduct digital forensic analysis on static and/or dynamic media for various devices, to include; computers and related peripherals, and portable and gaming devices; document process, findings, and conclusion; handle evidence; communicate status updates with to government personnel and customers; conduct quality/peer reviews on all deliverables prior to being furnished to the government. Throughout the period of performance requests are submitted tracked via source control, ticket tracking, workflow, and documentation systems. The candidate will participate in meetings wherein support requirements and status updates are provided, clarified and documented. In this manner, the candidate will have first-hand knowledge and input to services offered to investigators. Requirements are revised continuously and reprioritized as necessary by the Government Program Manager.
The work may also involve digital forensics analysis and support providing direct support for operational/investigative activities.
This support may require travel, long/odd work-hours, and assistance with the analytics during incident response. This support will likely be dynamic and fluid to respond effectively to mission needs. Examples of support include, but are not limited to, writing scripts to automate the ingestion or processing of data; and providing technical guidance or requirements in support of suspect interviews and evidence seizure. The location of support will vary based upon mission needs. The candidate may testify as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) when required. Will assist in the development of automated tools to accomplish forensic analysis activities more efficiently.
Typical Education & Experience
7+ years of related work experience
Bachelor's Degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Software Engineering from an accredited university/college.
Required Skills and Education
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- US Citizen
- Current TS clearance with TS/SCI eligibility and able to take/pass a CI poly
- Recent work experience as a subject matter expert on a major program, project, or activity
- 5+ years of intensive software development experience in modern frameworks such as Django or AngularJS
- 7+ years of recent experience in the direct performance of a major program, project, or activity relating to computer software development at the user and web level, computer programming, and /or computer digital forensics
- Working knowledge of some modern computing paradigms and environments such as NoSQL systems
- (MongoDB preferred), cloud computing (AWS preferred) and virtualization, parallel programming, network programming (RESTful interfaces preferred), mobile development, and interface development (Bootstrap preferred)
- Familiarity with end-to-end software development activities in Linux/Windows/Unix/Web environments
- Familiarity with software development tools including IDEs (Eclipse, PyCharm, Atom etc.), version control systems (git, svn, mercurial, etc.) and bug tracking systems (e.g., Jira, Gitlab)
- Working knowledge and experience in participating in agile software development practices and team design sessions experience working on a software development team
- Demonstrated problem solving ability with the ability to explore and evaluate many possible solutions to problems
- Proven contribution to open source development projects is a plus.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top