If you are a technologist who is interested in using modern web development tools and wants to work on a highly collaborative and supportive team, we are interested in talking to you. We have an opening for a web developer to join a cross-functional Agile team that designs and develops multi-tiered web applications using AngularJS and Java REST web services (Jersey + Hibernate).
We are looking for candidates that are able and eager to learn our current technology stack and have a solid grasp on the fundamentals of web development and object-oriented programming. We will consider candidates that have experience with any web technologies if they are the right fit for the team and will provide on-the-job training to get you up to speed quickly.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Writing well-documented and well-tested code to implement user stories defined in our Agile process
- Researching current and upcoming technologies that will be useful to the development environment and system architecture
- Participating in architectural planning meetings, technical exchanges, and code reviews
- Participating in sprint and release planning meetings to translate business requirements into user stories
- Participating in the migration of the application from a standalone web server to an AWS cloud environment
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Experience developing multi-tiered web applications
- A solid understanding of object-oriented programming and modeling
- Experience with relational databases
- Must have a current and active TS/SCI clearance, with the ability to obtain a poly.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience working on Agile Scrum teams
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with developing Single Page Applications (SPAs) using Angular or React
- Experience developing web applications using Java MVC frameworks
- Experience with developing for the cloud / AWS / DevOps
- Producing and consuming RESTful Web Services
- Testing using JUnit / Jasmine / Protractor
- Jersey / JAX-RS / Hibernate
- Grunt / Gulp
- Bootstrap / Responsive Web Design
- HTML5 and CSS3
- Subversion or GIT
- LESS / SASS
- Bachelor of Science in a related field
- Hobby development experience a plus
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Arun P.Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top