Software Configuration Analyst
BAE Systems is looking for a Software Configuration Analyst to join our team and support the Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business area. The successful candidate will be given general direction, and be responsible within an assigned program(s) for executing all software configuration management activities per the software configuration management plan and in accordance with company and program policies, practices and requirements. May perform computer systems task assignments within Engineering including software configuration management (CM) tasks including performing identification, change management, status accounting, audit and verification in support of software configuration management.
1. Establishes and manages tool specific software libraries as required. Performs and documents all required builds to ensure reproducible software configuration baselines. Executes release and change control functions using the designated software configuration management system/tool in order to insure software product integrity and meet program schedules.
2. Generates and maintains all necessary program software development, release, and change records, including "as built" and status accounting records. Performs software configuration management Configuration Control Board activities which include, but are not limited to, establishing the agenda, recording approvals/non-approvals, and publishing and maintaining action items lists.
3. Develops proficiency in the use of the assigned software configuration management system/tool, and comprehensive knowledge of company software configuration management processes and standards. Stays abreast of industry standards and current technology. Performs all necessary functions to support both internal and customer design reviews.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- U.S. Citizenship is required with the ability to obtain/maintain a Top Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with basic computer applications, databases, operating systems, and hardware.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- An active Secret clearance is preferred
- Two or more years related experience
- Experience with the use of process-specific tools depending upon individual assignment, e.g., CM tool such as ClearCase and/or a tracking tool such as ClearQuest strongly preferred
- Experience with the performance of moderately complex systems administration tasks for these tools or for PCs
- Basic understanding of "Change Management "
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top