Software Automation Engineer
Our software team develops cutting-edge sensor data processing and analytics software products. As our team has grown and our product portfolio has expanded, so has our need for improved software process automation. We seek to add a team member with strong experience in this area who can help us mature our capabilities.
As a Software Automation Engineer, you will support our product development team by
- Implementing best practices in software build, test, and deployment automation.
- Supporting our software development infrastructure, including:
- build and test servers (Windows 7, Windows 10, and RHEL 7)
- automation server (Jenkins)
- source code management (Subversion)
- code review tool (Review Board)
- Docker registry
- Implementing new automated tests to help us meet our goal of 100% automated testing.
- Implementing improvements to our existing software build and deployment processes.
- Have a background in software engineering
- View the product development team as their customer
- Be adaptable to their immediate and long term needs
- Be able to move between technologies and scripting languages as well as learn new ones with ease
- Be able to work with, communicate, and assist developers and IT professionals
- Have an interest in crafting automated and reproducible software build, test, and deployment processes
- Be able to work well with a distributed support team in Durham, Rome, and San Diego and follow common processes
- Enjoy urgency and change
Please note that pursuant to a government contract, this specific position requires US citizenship status
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field
- Knowledge of Windows and/or Linux shell scripting
- Highly motivated and able to work well in both team and solo settings
- US Citizenship and ability to obtain DoD clearance
- Experience with software development in at least one of Python, C++, Java, or other development language
- Familiarity with build tools, such as maven, gradle, cmake, ant, gcc, and Visual Studio.
- Experience with an automated build system such as Bamboo or Jenkins
- Experience with issue tracking systems such as JIRA
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Atlassian software development tools, including Jira, Bitbucket/git, Bamboo, and Confluence
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud computing environments
- Experience or knowledge of Infrastructure as Code such as Terraform, Ansible, or Cloud Formation
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top