SME Software Developer
BAE is searching for an Application Developer for a program based in Dulles, VA. You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. In this role, you will deliver functional requirements and technical solutions by coordinating with product owners, product teams, and IT cross functional groups. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing (automation), deploying, and self-documenting working software. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgment to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections.
- Interact with customers for support and services.
- Ability to communicate effectively through written and verbal methods.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, and also work in a team environment.
- Research, understand, and develop using new technologies and standards as needed.
- Able to handle multiple tasks and adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Aptitude and willingness to work with variety of newer emerging technologies/tools as opportunities demand.
- Ability to deliver enhanced functionality, aid with new implementations, and provide continuous support within the scheduled time while preserving system integrity required.
- High degree of initiative, creativity, and technical ability to function on this team required.
- Ability to identify issues and implement corrective actions.
- The ideal candidate would also have IT project management experience.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- The Candidate must possess an active Security Clerarance w/ Polygraph. Candidate will not be considered without it.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of RECENT Java experience.
- The ideal candidate will be able to communicate well professionally and document extensively.
- 3+ years of SharePoint experience preferred.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top