Site Reliability Engineer
BAE's Intelligence and Security organization has an opportunity to hire a Site Reliability Engineer holding an active Top Secret clearance. The ideal candidate will provide key security and management capabilities necessary to ensure quality of service, uptime, and monitoring of our customer's mission critical distributed systems. Team member will also support, deploy, and provide enhancements to the application infrastructure and act as a successful partner within our Engineering, Research & Development, and Product teams. You will be encouraged to bring fresh ideas and new perspectives to the position, while demonstrating versatility when faced with evolving requirements. You will help us push our customer's technology forward and leverage your expertise in a DevOps environment to shaping and progressing the portfolio of products.
- Ensure that applications / services are highly available, reliable, and performant through world-class monitoring, alerting, and self-healing capabilities by applying DevOps best practices
- Design and build solutions to improve the availability, latency, scalability, and performance of our systems
- Implement analysis, data-flow, load testing tools, and visualization systems
- Troubleshoot systems spanning code, system, and network
- Create and maintain software packaging while working within build and continuous integration systems such as Jenkins
Potential work locations across the Washington, DC metro area to include:
- Washington, DC
- Chantilly, VA
- Crystal City, VA
- Vienna, VA
- Linthicum MD
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 5 years of experience with software development
- 5 years of experience scripting and programming for automation
- 5 years of experience monitoring large enterprise production applications
- 5 years of experience troubleshooting production applications
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or other related analytical, scientific, or technical discipline
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work well on teams.
- Willingness to be flexible working on short and long term tasks including rotating through DevOps programming automated testing.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top