Signals Intelligence Embedded C++ Software Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for talented software engineers who are looking for a company that fosters a work environment in which technical excellence is highly valued. You will apply your skills to develop high-quality real-time embedded software for either new or fielded electronics platforms. You will be exposed to the full software life-cycle from requirements development through fielding.
Duties include developing complex Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) software designs for simple systems or subsystems or subsystems of larger systems. You will perform real-time, embedded software development in C++ utilizing sound Object Oriented principles and conforming to existing code development strategies and processes. You will be evaluating existing software designs to identify design flaws and preparing software documentation in accordance with established processes. You will be developing for a heterogeneous environment of primarily Linux targets. You should have strong analytical and troubleshooting skills and excel at solving problems in a complex system.
Tasks may include business development efforts, briefing customers on the program’s technical concepts, generating ideas for new efforts as well as proposal preparation.
Local candidates – no relocation is available for this position. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another Scientific degree with suitable software engineering content, with 5+ year of experience or Master’s degree in same with 3+ years of professional experience
- Real-time/near real-time C++ embedded software development
- Must have a current SECRET clearance. Preferred Skills and Education Preferred:
- Experience with multiple programming/scripting languages (C++, Java, Python, etc.)
- Object oriented software design and development
- Working knowledge of software engineering processes and development lifecycles
- SIGINT/COMINT domain experience including system design, wireless communications and digital signal processing
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top