SIGINT Rapid Capability Group Chief Engineer
BAE Inc is currently seeking a System Engineering Chief Engineer to join its Electronic Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance business area in Hudson, NH. Will provide the leadership in our Rapid Capability Group to quickly field and prove new SIGINT capabilities in a mission environment.
1. Serves as a technical authority and subject matter expert in the design, development and deployment of complex SIGINT collection and exploitation systems. Experience with SIGINT, COMINT, and ELINT exploitation techniques. Works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined problems, identifies key technical issues and defines alternative approaches and solutions. Works in extremely complex areas requiring research, creativity and ingenuity in identifying potential engineering solutions.
2. Plans critical long range technical requirements to support business objectives and anticipated customer needs. Independently identifies and solves significant problems associated with the success of current and critical long range objectives. Leads and coordinates the activities of key technical personnel and other employees as required.
3. Fosters new ideas and inventions. Pursues new technology concepts prior to the establishment of any formal IR&D or CR&D establishment. Recommends, plans, leads, reviews, identifies risks and evaluates R&D and technological applications programs. Advises senior management on developments, trends or weaknesses in his/her area(s) of expertise for the LOB and OG.
4. Serves as primary technical interface to customers and industry partners relative to the Company's technical capabilities in area(s) of expertise. Is often instrumental in attracting and obtaining new company business.
5. Supports field testing events to respond to customer questions and desires.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Systems Design Experience, to include a working knowledge of Digital Communications Signal Processing; the design, development and evaluation of modern sensors and enterprise architectures; and familiarity with representative mission ConOps. Understanding of the impact of program protection controls on the system design.
- Hold an active Top Secret clearance
- Min. SIGINT Systems Design Experience:
- 10+ years of technical work experience an ISR or EW related field with
- 5+ years in a technical lead role preferred
Successful candidate must possess strong organizational skills, problem solving skills demonstrated by analytical ability to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
- Position requires excellent oral and written communications skills. The candidate must have developed communication skills to exchange complex technical information with a diverse group of stakeholders and the ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve consensus on technical approaches decisions and issue resolution.
- Master's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering or related scientific field.
- Hold an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Direct experience with new business pursuits and proposal preparation.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top