SIGINT Ground Chief Engineer
If you are a highly talented engineering leader with a desire to join a growing business area and be part of our key enterprise strategy, we have the opportunity for you. We are seeking a Chief Engineer to lead the technical execution of a strategic campaign to design, develop, and deploy enterprise signal processing systems.
The position requires a detailed understanding of the mission and operations of the IC customer and the ability to design solutions to support those missions. Technical expertise in telecommunications signal and software engineering activities is required. This includes experience in developing SIGINT and other related capabilities for the IC customer, such as: signal processing workflow management, signal data analysis, infrastructure design, maintenance, and integration work such as the configuration of virtualized environments, encryption, unique product installations and configurations.
You will interact at all levels within the Customer community to develop solutions to meet the needs of their users. You will also work with internal teams and with our business partners to effectively communicate and promote our solutions that solve pressing operational problems. You will work within the Analytics Business Area to set and drive technical goals, support the development of product technical road maps, and meet technical and business objectives. As an engineering leader and technical expert, you will help define the technical research and development for risk-reduction and demonstration prototypes and for enterprise-scale operational systems.
Typical Education & Experience
Required Skills and Education
- Ten (10) plus years of experience in signal processing workflow management, signal data analysis and software engineering activities.
- Ability to serve as primary technical POC to the customer to assist in identifying new capabilities and technology, identification of potential integration strategies, and overall technical execution of the program.
- Experience with leading technical aspects of capturing new opportunities and developing winning proposals.
- Conceptualize, plan, schedule, perform, and/or review the design, and perform other technical activities required, to develop capabilities and operationalizing those capabilities.
- Provide leadership to encourage and direct others in anticipating, analyzing, and solving complex problems. Mentor others in broadening technical capabilities.
- Ability to operate at all levels within the Customer community, internally and with our business partners.
- Team player with a proactive attitude and ability to be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Preferred domain experience: multi-INT analytics, signal processing, and large scale data storage, processing, and retrieval systems.
- Experience working with machine learning systems, information management systems, Software Centric Solutions, COTS Integration, Continuous Test/Continuous Integration, SCRUM, and cloud-based systems including C2S.
- Experience working in a dynamic customer environment and ability to prioritize and quickly change direction, based on customer direction.
- Experience working with Directorate level Business Development activities to provide technical expertise, establish technical forecast as it pertains to new business, and support design reviews of other programs in the Directorate.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top