SIGINT Ground Chief Engineer
If you are a highly talented engineering leader wanting to be on the foundation of a growing business area and part of our key enterprise strategy, we have the opportunity for you. We are seeking a Chief Engineer to be responsible for overall technical execution of a strategic campaign to design, develop, and deploy enterprise signal processing systems. Requires a working understanding of the mission of the IC customer. Technical expertise in telecommunications signal and software engineering activities required. This includes experience in developing SIGINT and other related capabilities for the IC customer, such as: signal processing workflow management, signal data analysis, infrastructure design, maintenance, and integration work such as the configuration of virtualized environments, encryption, unique product installations and configurations. Will interact at all levels within the Customer community, internally and with our business partners to effectively communicate and promote our solutions. Will work within the Analytics Business Area to set and drive technical goals, support the development of product technical road maps, and meet technical and business objectives.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 15 plus years of experience in signal processing workflow management, signal data analysis and software engineering activities
- Serve as primary technical POC to the customer to assist in identifying new capabilities and technology, identification of potential integration strategies, and overall technical execution of the program.
- Experience with leading technical aspects of capturing new opportunities and developing winning proposals.
- Conceptualize, plan, schedule, perform, and/or review the design, and perform other technical activities required to develop capabilities and operationalizing those capabilities.
- Provide leadership to encourage and direct others in anticipating, analyzing, and solving complex problems. Mentor others in broadening technical capabilities.
- Ability to operate at all levels within the Customer community, internally and with our business partners.
- Team player with a proactive attitude and ability to be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Preferred domain experience: multi-INT analytics, machine learning, information management systems, Software Centric Solutions, COTS Integration, Continuous Integration, SCRUM.
- Experience working in a dynamic customer environment and ability to prioritize and quickly change direction, based on customer direction.
- Experience working with Directorate level Business Development activities to provide technical expertise, establish technical forecast as it pertains to new business, and support design reviews of other programs in the Directorate.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top