SIGINT Domain Chief Engineer
BAE Inc is currently seeking a System Engineering Chief Engineer to join its Electronic Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance business area in Hudson, NH supporting a growing product line of state of cutting edge, adaptive SIGINT system solutions.
Roles and Responsibilities :
1. Serves as a technical authority and subject matter expert in the design, development and deployment of complex SIGINT collection and exploitation systems. Works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined problems, identifies key technical issues and defines alternative approaches and solutions. Develops and applies extremely advanced technologies, principles, theories and concepts, extending existing boundaries of knowledge. Works in extremely complex areas requiring research, creativity and ingenuity in identifying potential engineering solutions.
2. Plans critical long range technical requirements to support business objectives and anticipated customer needs. Independently identifies and solves significant problems associated with the success of current and critical long range objectives. Leads and coordinates the activities of key technical personnel and other employees as required.
3. Fosters new ideas and inventions. Pursues new technology concepts prior to the establishment of any formal IR&D or CR&D establishment. Recommends, plans, leads, reviews, identifies risks and evaluates R&D and technological applications programs. Advises senior management on developments, trends or weaknesses in his/her area(s) of expertise for the LOB and OG.
4. Serves as primary technical interface to customers and industry partners relative to the Company's technical capabilities in area(s) of expertise. Is often instrumental in attracting and obtaining new company business.
5. Actively participates in design reviews, proposal evaluations, tiger teams, etc. Actively participates in new business activities. Prepares and reviews technical papers and reports.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Systems Design Experience, to include a working knowledge of Digital Communications Signal Processing; the design, development and evaluation of modern sensors and enterprise architectures; and familiarity with representative mission ConOps. Understanding of the impact of program protection controls on the system design.
Min. SIGINT Systems Design Experience:
• 10+ years of technical work experience an ISR or EW related field with
• 5+ years in a technical lead role preferred.
Successful candidate must possess strong organizational skills, problem solving skills demonstrated by analytical ability to resolve issues in a variety of complex situations, without supervision.
Position requires excellent oral and written communications skills. The candidate must have developed communication skills to exchange complex technical information with a diverse group of stakeholders and the ability to negotiate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve consensus on technical approaches decisions and issue resolution.
An active TS clearance is required.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Master Degree in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related scientific field.
- Security+ Certification.
- Direct experience with new business pursuits and proposal preparation.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top