Shipfitter/Welder Level 3
Shipfitter/Welder is responsible for the fabrication, installation and welding of various metal parts, components and structural items of ships structure.
Candidates should possess demonstrable skill and experience in the following areas:
- Possess basic mathematical skills; able to add, subtract, multiply and divide correctly.
- Skilled in performing simple measurements.
- Fully capable to calculate square footage and circumferences.
- Able to cooperate and work well as a team player/member.
- Knowledgeable with various types of materials, metals and shapes used by the department.
- Familiar with maintenance requirements of departments’ equipment.
- knowledgeable with various types of welding rods, application and storage requirements.
- Skilled in proper operation of AC & DC welding machines (Bank & Portable).
- Qualified to weld 3/8” mild steel plate in the flat position SMA
- Able to correctly perform gas cutting, scarfing and saber saw operation for removal of steel to be scrapped.
- Able to assist skilled personnel with band saw, ironworker and shear equipment operations.
- Able to correctly operate overhead crane (limited loads).
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US Citizen or Naturalized citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must have a High Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working in the capacity of Shipfitter and/or Welder
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and overtime, as required
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top