Shipfitter/Welder Level 1
Shipfitter/Welder is responsible for the fabrication, installation and welding of various metal parts, components and structural items of ships structure.
Candidates should possess demonstrable skill and experience in the following areas:
- Ability to weld Flux Core, and Stick (MIG is a plus), Carbon Steel and Stainless Steel.
- Understands heat requirements; amperage’s, voltages, pre-heats, inter-pass temperatures and post head requirements.
- Ability to layout, cut and prepare plate for installation.
- Knowledgeable with Navy Standard Items
- Knowledgeable in proper operation of shear and ironworker machines
- Familiar with filler wire controls, filler wire selection and acceptable weld preparation techniques.
- Have working knowledge of weld procedural requirements, special requirements and safety requirements for the accomplishment of tasks.
- Knowledgeable to BAE HSY process control procedures.
- Weld 100 C-FE-1 (mild steel plate) SMAW
- Weld 200 (aluminum plate) GMAW
- Able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Knowledgeable/capable with all NDT requirements.
- Knowledgeable with shipboard terminology, nomenclature & location.
- Knowledgeable of Blue Print Reading and Layouts
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Skills and Education
- Must be a US Citizen or Naturalized citizen
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam
- Must have a High Diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least 1 year of experience working in the capacity of Shipfitter and/or Welder
- Must be able to board ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to work all shifts, weekends and overtime, as required
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top