Shipfitter/Welder Level 1
BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyards is looking for a Level 1 Shipfitter/Welder for the Welding/Shipfitting Department. Production shipfitting/ welding operations aboard ship vessels and Fabrication shop. Components to fit/fabricate include but are not limited to structural parts, deck plates, bulkheads and foundations using Shielded Metal Arc Welding (SMAW), Flux-Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) and Gas Metal Arc Welding Pulse (GMAW-P) processes.
Shipfitting operations include but are not limited to rip/outs by oxy-fuel torch cutting, plasma cutting and at times cold cutting.
The ideal candidate posses the following Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledgeable with Navy Standard Items, general and those that pertain to the trade, and Mil STD.
Knowledgeable with mobilization requirements for work performed by the Department.
- Knowledgeable to BAE HSY process control procedures.
- Weld 100 C-FE-1 (mild steel plate) SMAW/ FCAW
- Weld 200 (aluminum plate) GMAW
- Knowledgeable in proper operation of ironworker machine.
- Knowledgeable/capable to weld inserts/patch.
- Knowledgeable/capable to MIG (GMAW/Heli Arc) and TIG (GTAW on the following materials):
- Other alloys
- Able to perform with minimal supervision.
- Able to lay-out inserts, ect.
- Knowledgeable/capable with all NDT requirements.
- Knowledgeable with shipboard terminology, nomenclature & location.
- Knowledgeable of Blue Print Reading and Layouts
- Ability to communicate
Must meet the following:
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent
- Successful candidates must be 18 years of age at the time of hire.
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Must have reliable transportation to/from work
- Must be able to obtain and maintain base access to Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam and/or any other required security clearances
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, weekends and Holidays as needed.
- Must have previous experience working as a Shipfitter and/or Welder
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and weld symbols
- Must be able to board, ships, enter confined spaces with limited visibility and have the ability to climb up and down stairs and/or ladders of varying heights
- Must be able to work outdoors under all weather conditions
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment
- Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings. Ensure that inter-departmental relations are maintained.
- Ensure that all safety requirements and policies are properly followed and enforced.
- Perform similar, incidental and other duties as assigned.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top