Subject matter expert in the Platforms and Services organization (P&S) on the capabilities and use of OSHENS, CR Desktop, and iLearn systems, with significant knowledge about the other SHE data storage and reporting tools in P&S. Makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements in the aforementioned systems and tools. Assists in the development and implementation of procedures relating to the management of P&S SHE databases and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
Primary Duties and responsibilities:
- Provides support on using established SHE data processes to manage data.
- Identifies and interprets trends & patterns and constructs forecasts based on SHE data and general knowledge.
- Creates accurate SHE reports and analyses based on business needs.
- Supports tracking of appropriate leading and lagging SHE performance indicators.
- Assists, as needed, with tracking and reporting the following: Closure of corrective and preventive actions; SHE training metrics; Environmental metrics; Industrial hygiene metrics; Workers’ compensation metrics; and Other metrics and information as directed.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- 11+ Years of relevant experience with HS; 7+ Years with AA; 5+ Years with BS; 3+ Years with MS; 0+ Years with PhD.
- High level of computer based skills (including but not limited to database applications and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point programs).
- High level of analytical ability to analyze and interpret data.
- High level of communication and collaborations skills with all levels of an organization.
- High level of organizational skills.
- Ability to facilitate and/or support cross-functional teams.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (e.g., IT, occupational safety, industrial hygiene, environmental science, chemistry, biology, engineering) plus 5 years relevant experience.
- Same as Required Skills, but with experience gained in general manufacturing, defense, or government type environment with an emphasis in SHE-related programs.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top