ServiceNow Software Engineer (SME)
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for an experienced ServiceNow Software Engineer to join our team!
As part of an Agile Team, this role designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process. This role designs, develops, documents, tests and debugs ServiceNow software. This position determines computer user needs; analyzes systems capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls. The ServiceNow Software Engineer prepares operating instructions and ensures software standards are met. Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Participate in software programming initiatives to support innovation and enhancement, using Java, Hibernate, SpringBootDeveloping and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon
- This position determines computer user needs; analyzes systems capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, and programming techniques and controls.
- The ServiceNow Software Engineer prepares operating instructions and ensures software standards are met.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Capable of SQL authoring and data modeling.
- Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
- Experience using tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting
- Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs
- Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
- Familiar with the principles to develop and execute project plans.
- Able to leverage Atlassian tools suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- ITIL experience
- Service Desk experience
- Candidate must have Masters with 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top