Service Manager - IT Enterprise Command Center
A leadership role within a 24X7X365 IT operations center playing a critical role within the enterprise IT organization delivering end to end managed IT services across the BAE Systems enterprise.
This IT Enterprise Command Center Service Manager is a shift manager responsible for leading a team of network and systems administrators and overseeing ECC activities during one of four shifts. ECC operations consist of network, infrastructure, storage, and applications monitoring across the enterprise as well as leading service triage and restoration for IT service outages. The Service Manager is one of a team of four service managers reporting into the ECC Operations Manager. This role provides direct support to the ECC Operations Manager in defining new, and maturing existing, processes and overseeing the roll out and adherence to processes. Additionally this role supports the ECC Operations Manager in mentoring and developing the team of Service Managers.
- Monitor, maintain and administer the health of the corporate IT environment.
-Lead service restoration "bridges", managing ad-hoc teams from multiple technical areas brought together to restore services during service outages.
- Demonstrate strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Manage 5 or more employees and lead the Tier 2 technical support team.
- Meet network availability and ticket handling objectives while providing hands-on leadership during network events.
- Coordinate and oversee the technical needs of the Enterprise Command Center (ECC).
- Manage the monitoring of the network using various monitoring tools.
- Work with LECs and vendors for escalations and problem resolution.
- Handle customer escalations and mentor the technical support groups (Tier 2) to quickly solve customer issues.
- Ensure that IT outages are resolved quickly and effectively.
- Ensure that the staff has access to and training on appropriate tools to perform their job effectively.
- Work with internal groups, vendors, and carriers to resolve network, server and application problems.
- Work with other internal groups to create procedures that ensure a high level of customer service.
- Ensure staffing levels to provide adequate coverage.
- Ensure technical development of staff.
- Ensure adherence to ECC/Company standards, processes and procedures.
- Conduct formal and informal training and coaching sessions with the staff as needed.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Self-starter who can find, troubleshoot and resolve IT network and systems issues.
Experience working in an ITIL based IT service organization.
Leadership of enterprise service restoration bridges/activities.
People leadership and mentoring.
Development and refinement of process and procedures.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
General knowledge of networking concepts and protocols to perform network status checks as part of normal surveillance activities is a must.
Ability to successfully interface with a wide range of personnel within the organization.
Experience working with carriers, LECs and IT HW/SW vendors
Experience with Network Monitoring tools (CA Technologies Spectrum and Service Operations Insight (SOI)
Understanding of how to read packet captures.
Experience with network tools such as Statseeker, Plixer Scrutinizer and WireShark
Knowledge of Windows Server 2008 & 2012.
Preferred Skills and Education
ITIL Foundations and higher level ITIL training
Cisco and/or Microsoft certifications
About BAE Systems, Inc.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top