Service Desk Specialist
As a Help Desk Specialist, you will be responsible for providing support to end-user community on hardware, software and network related problems, questions, and use. Provides resolutions to out of the ordinary issues for users. If unable to diagnose problem, will work with Systems Engineers to diagnose and resolve problem. Responds to tier two and higher trouble tickets. Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction. Closes activities of tickets assigned.
- Experience supporting Windows 7 operating system, Office application suite, and other applications
- Mature approach with a focus on customer service, responsiveness, rapport- building, listening, and questioning skills
- Ability to effectively handle and troubleshoot most calls related to hardware, software, and basic network functions
- Persistence to pursue problems until they are solved. Balance and good judgment to know when to ask others on the team or escalate the issue
- Staying up to date on the latest technologies which are part of the network you are assigned to support. This will require independent reading and learning of technologies; utilizing the existing SOP’s and manuals to learn the software and functional aspects, along with help desk procedures of the network is required. Due to the high level of customer activity coupled with the requirements for quick, correct responses to end users, little mentoring and hands-on training will be available. All hours worked must pertain to the specific position of supporting the customer at the Help Desk.
- Required to work rotating on-call schedule
Required Skills and Education
- Minimum of two (2) years previous experience in a professional environment with solid phone support skills
- Minimum of two (2) years previous desktop support or call center experience
- Exceptional ability and knowledge of PC, laptop and printer hardware configuration, deployment and troubleshooting
- MSCE: Desktop Infrastructure
Requires Bachelor’s Degree (in Computer Science or related field) or equivalent, and two to four years of related experience in computer hardware, software, networking systems, and in the set-up, configuration, use, and trouble shooting of computer systems.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top