Service Desk Specialist
As a Help Desk Specialist, you will be responsible for providing support to end-user community on hardware, software and network related problems, questions, and use. Provides resolutions to out of the ordinary issues for users. If unable to diagnose problem, will work with Systems Engineers to diagnose and resolve problem. Responds to tier two and higher trouble tickets. Ensures problem ownership and promotes end-user satisfaction. Closes activities of tickets assigned.
- Experience supporting Windows 7 or 10 operating system, Office application suite, and other applications
- Mature approach with a focus on customer service, responsiveness, rapport- building, listening, and questioning skills
- Ability to effectively handle and troubleshoot most calls related to hardware, software, and basic network functions
- Persistence to pursue problems until they are solved. Balance and good judgment to know when to ask others on the team or escalate the issue
- Staying up to date on the latest technologies which are part of the network you are assigned to support. This will require independent reading and learning of technologies; utilizing the existing SOP’s and manuals to learn the software and functional aspects, along with help desk procedures of the network is required. Due to the high level of customer activity coupled with the requirements for quick, correct responses to end users, little mentoring and hands-on training will be available. All hours worked must pertain to the specific position of supporting the customer at the Help Desk.
- Required to work rotating on-call schedule
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top