Service Desk Analyst
- Augusta, GA
At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing the U.S. Army Cyber Command with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber security, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place. The cyberspace domain is one of the most critical areas of national defense. It is a field that requires the most highly trained, professional, and knowledgeable people available. Join us and learn what inspired work is all about.
We're ready for any challenge - are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
This position provides Service Desk Support and will work on a team providing support of IT assets. This Service Desk position will perform initial troubleshooting of all user issues to include issues received by phone call, email & ticket transfer. Service Desk personnel will work with System Administrators, customers, and other Operations staff to help resolve issues.
• Write initial and update existing Service Desk documentation
• Troubleshoot, document and, if unable to resolve, transfer incident to Desktop Initiative Tier II or back to the appropriate customer Service Center (as appropriate)
• Resolving a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues
• Flexibility and the desire to learn on the fly is a must
• Excellent written & communication skills
Shift work may be required
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• 4+ years working in an IT environment with experience in the following:
- Microsoft systems event administration/management
- Configuration and optimization of a Microsoft event management solution
- System Administration in a classified IT organization
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
• Knowledge of event management features, e.g., agentless monitoring, management packs, and discovery tools
• Candidate must be an effective communicator with a team focused, collaborative attitude
• DOD 8570 certification
IAT Level II
Rotating Shiftwork Required. with additional pay for 2 nd and 3 rd shift. MUST BE ABLE TO WORK ALL SHIFTS:
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• ITIL Foundations Certified Troubleshooting skills for the following disciplines:
- Directory Services (Active Directory)
- Nutanix (AHV)
- Skype of Business
• Support of cloud or virtualized server environments
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top