Service Desk Analyst
- Augusta, GA
Connect the people who matter to the data they need the most. At BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, our cutting edge teams are providing customers with the latest technologies in cloud, cyber, software development and virtualization to enhance intelligence collaboration and make the world a safer place.
We're ready for any challenge - are you game? Join us and learn what Inspired Work is all about.
This position provides Service Desk Support and will work on a team providing support of IT assets. This Service Desk position will perform initial troubleshooting of all user issues to include issues received by phone call, email & ticket transfer . Senior Service Desk personnel will work with System Administrators, customers, and other Operations staff to help resolve issues.
• Mentor, train, and support junior Service Desk Administrators
• Write initial and update existing Service Desk documentation
• Troubleshoot, document and, if unable to resolve, transfer incident to Desktop Initiative Tier II or back to the appropriate customer Service Center (as appropriate)
• Resolving a wide range of system issues, troubleshooting software, hardware, and network issues
• Flexibility and the desire to learn on the fly is a must
• Excellent written & communication skills
Shift work may be required
Required Skills and Education
• 4+ years working in an IT environment with experience in the following:
- Microsoft systems event administration/management
- Configuration and optimization of a Microsoft event management solution
- System Administration in a classified IT organization
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM)
• Knowledge of event management features, e.g., agentless monitoring, management packs, and discovery tools
• Candidate must be an effective communicator with a team focused, collaborative attitude
Preferred Skills and Education
• ITIL Foundations Certified Troubleshooting skills for the following disciplines:
- Directory Services (Active Directory)
- Nutanix (AHV)
- Skype of Business
• Support of cloud or virtualized server environments
• DOD 8570 certification
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top