Server Technician / Systems Administrator
This position supports the Enterprise Voice over Internet Protocol (VOIP), Unified Capability (UC), engineering section of the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) as a server and security technician. Works directly with DISA and contract leadership, VOIP engineers, Network Operation Centers (NOCs), and Technical Assistance Centers to ensure security compliance of multiple Windows and Unix based servers, Cisco switches/routers, and other related devices. Coordinates and modifies configurations to maintain optimized service levels to include performing patches, configuration changes, and upgrades to achieve Information Assurance Vulnerability Message (IAVM) and DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) compliance. Reviews status indicators to identify potential issues. Completes Information Assurance scans of equipment to determine compliance and schedules actions needed to complete required system modifications. Performs backup and restoration of devices. Position requires occasional evening and/or weekend support to ensure scheduled downtimes have limited mission impact.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Knowledge of Microsoft Windows based servers to include Active Directory
- Ability to perform security scans of equipment using tools provided (Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP))
- Familiarity with Unix commands, VMware/vCenter, and scripting (Perl, Bash, Expect)
- Ability to perform system backups and restorations
- Ability to read, understand, and implement DISA issued Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and Information Assurance Vulnerability Messages (IAVM)
- DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification which is a GSEC, Security+(CE), SSCP, Cisco-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP, GCIH, or GCED certification. Preferred Skills and Education – Knowledge of Cisco (B and C series) UCS Chassis
- Experience with VM hosted servers
- ITIL V3 foundation certification
- Microsoft, Cisco, Juniper or other related IT certification(s)
- Experience working with Cisco and/or Juniper equipment to include Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) sometimes referred to as call managers
- Basic understanding of VOIP technology/concepts About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top