Senior Test Engineer
- Sterling, VA
This BAE Systems program supports our federal customer who plays a key role in providing direct cybersecurity engineering support. This program provides systems and security engineering and integration support to specific Government-sponsored projects, pilots and prototypes. This includes solution planning and engineering, defining security requirements, target architecture, interoperability and integration, system testing, Verification and Validation, Modeling and Simulation, studies and analysis, post-deployment security validation (PDSV), and project risk management. As part of this team, you will contribute to the engineering of current and emerging cybersecurity systems, policies, and processes to enforce standards and identify vulnerabilities and capability gaps, and reduce cybersecurity risk of our customer networks.
Job Summary: Provide test planning and execution support to the Government customer.
The position requires understanding of system and software testing, system engineering , and requirements analysis . There are multiple projects being developed, and this position will have responsibility for tracking testing schedules through weekly dial-in meetings with the developers . Hands-on testing , test observation, and developing test automation code/scripts are essential tasks, as are writing after-test reports for the customer. Critical thinking, and the ability to question the developers when a software feature or requirement is not sufficiently described to enable testing, are essential skills. Discipline and focus are key, plus an attitude that encourages working with the developers to create better test procedures and automation.
Required Skills and Education
- Independent Validation & Verification (IV&V) or independent testing of developed software
- Software and Functional requirements analysis to determine testability, and to develop test cases
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Experience managing test execution activities
- Familiarity with both Windows and Linux platforms
- Familiarity with JIRA, to include searching Agile and Kanban boards, creating Dashboards, and creating and managing tickets/issues
- Experienced using MS office applications
- Familiarity with test automation tools, such as Selenium, NeoLoad, Postman, Gherkin/Cucumber, Jenkins
- Testing experience with Cybersecurity systems
- JAVA software development experience is a plus
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top