Senior Test Engineer
- Nashua, NH
See what you're missing. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our mission: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
BAE Systems is looking for a Senior Test Engineer to work in a fast paced manufacturing environment at their Nashua, New Hampshire facility. Working closely with multi-disciplinary teams, and being able to adapt to a rapidly changing production environment brings with it an exciting opportunity to influence the successful execution of production goals and achieving operational excellence. In this role, the test engineer will be responsible for providing test engineering, sustaining engineering, and test development support as well as provide leadership in creating and maintaining a robust test infrastructure for the Electronic Systems factories. Through hands-on troubleshooting, debugging, problem solving, data analyses and application of engineering, Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles, test engineer will seek solutions to improve test yields and cycle time reductions. This position is to support first shift factory operations.
Responsibilities may include:
- Lead test engineering activities on current production programs and support overall manufacturing execution to meet cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Support and perform test, troubleshooting and debug of electro-mechanical assemblies, working directly with hardware and program engineering personnel as required.
- Develop test procedures and strategies to carry out system testing. Analyze and troubleshoot test equipment in an accurate and timely manner.
- Collaborate with operations and supply chain teams to coordinate test engineering activities and communicate status to multi-disciplinary team members.
- Provide training and support to manufacturing personnel in the factory.
- Utilize manufacturing execution software to create discrepancies, create rework instructions for non-conforming material, document and provide disposition on these non-conformances.
- Engage with engineering development teams and program stakeholders to develop comprehensive test engineering plans for testing new program hardware in the factory.
- Proactively develop plans to establish and maintain necessary test infrastructure to ensure that testing can be performed in a sustainable and reliable manner.
- Collaborate with distributed factory teams and engineering test teams to support and/or perform hardware testing and troubleshooting.
- Apply Six Sigma tools, lean manufacturing principles and lead green belt projects to solve test related problems and improve yields.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related area
- At least 4 years test engineering, troubleshooting and debugging experience on electromechanical assemblies
- Strong RF background and familiarity with RF systems fundamentals. Solid working knowledge of RF test equipment (network analyzer, spectrum analyzer, signal analyzer, signal generator, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Solid skills in problem solving, and statistics. Ability to understand, analyze, and resolve complex technical problems
- Ability to work independently and be effective in a fast paced environment. Strong team player and willing to work collaboratively across the organization. Sound interpersonal skills to successfully interface with company personnel at all levels, customers and suppliers
- Flexibility to work overtime and/or weekend as required to meet business objectives
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- At least 6 years of strong RF testing, troubleshooting and debugging experience on electromechanical assemblies
- Green Belt and/or Lean manufacturing training, and demonstrated ability to apply these principles
- Testing experience with automated and manual bench test stands
- Strong RF test instrumentation experience
- Experience working within a DoD environment
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top