Senior Test Engineer
BAE Systems is looking for a Sr. Test Engineer to contribute to the ALE-55 factory operations test and manufacturing team in Nashua, NH.
This position will include the following activities:
1. Support manufacturing with all aspects of the build and test processes of Electro-Optical System hardware and their lower level assemblies.
2. Interface with Program Engineering and other supporting groups to drive defect resolution to root cause.
3. Support test equipment maintenance and calibration.
4. Generate and implement improvements in test design, processes, and methodologies to reduce cost and increase throughput.
5. Generate and review the technical content of test procedures, drawings, engineering specifications, reports, Engineering Change Orders, and other documentation associated with the design and build of digital processing products.
6. Interface with governmental customers, auditors and vendors as required.
7. Provide training / support to manufacturing personnel.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
-Typically a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar technical degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
- The candidate must have knowledge of electronic test and manufacturing techniques for electro-optical systems, and their digital and mixed technology components.
- Must be able to work in a factory environment with a large cross functional team
- The candidate must have demonstrably strong problem analysis and solving skills in order to drive non-conformance and other product related failure activities to route cause/corrective action
Preferred Skills and Education
- Currently possess an active DoD Secret clearance
- Experience in electronics manufacturing including compliance to AS9100 and IPC-610/620 requirements.
- Knowledge and proficiency in the use of electronic test equipment such as collimators, alignment telescopes, beam profilers, signal generators, oscilloscopes, network and spectrum analyzers.
- Familiarity with a variety of complex communications protocols including, but not limited to Ethernet, USB, RS232, RS485, and HotLink ™ .
- Understand design margins and predicting factory yields.
- Basic Lean/Flow Knowledge; Six-Sigma Certified with emphasis on data driven problem solving.
- Strong familiarity with the Microsoft Windows (Windows 7, Windows 10) Operating Systems and software development on these platforms.
- Capabilities in National Instruments LabWindows/CVI programming and/or other similar test software development toolsets
- Demonstrated team leadership experience including junior engineers and technicians
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top