Senior Technical Director, Precision Strike and Sensing Solutions
- Merrimack, NH
We are looking for a Business Area (BA) Technical Director (TD) to join our team in Precision Strike & Sensing Solutions (PS3). The role of the BATD is to provide technical leadership to ensure that the technical needs of the Mission Area are met for both current and future programs. This will be done by leveraging technology from across the business, identifying technology gaps, and developing the strategy and plans to fill those gaps.
The TD will interact with the customers to understand their needs and to help shape the customer's future plans. The TD also reviews technical implementations to assure solutions consistent with program objectives and leads technical assessments and provides direction for areas of special program interest. The Technical Director will initially focus on creating, defining and developing a strategy for market entry. This strategy will center on the capture of CRAD and how the technology will be transitioned into PS3 and larger enterprise, product lines.
A strong, and proven, background on team building and talent management is a must because this individual will be building his capture team from the ground up. Recent and relevant experience on all phases of winning competitive proposals is a primary requisite for this position. Discretionary spending planning will be required, to include selling, bidding, and IRAD resources. This position requires the ability to influence high level executives and peers within industry, customer community, and internally.
Required Skills and Education
Required Degree, Skills and Experience :
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
- Active DoD Secret clearance or above
- Minimum of 14 years of related DoD and technology applications experience in leadership and engineering roles
- Experience with at least one of the traditional CRAD customers (DARPA, AFRL, NRL, ONR, ARL, etc)
- Ten (10) years of experience in one or more of the following technical domains:
- RF/IR signal processing, electronics, navigation (GPS or Inertial), missile autopilots, modeling and simulation (for example 6-DOF), aerodynamics, missile related mechanical engineering (flight control systems, warheads, missile structures, seeker gimbals, RF/IR seeker sub-systems);
- Requirements analysis and development; system performance analysis; integration and verification; and subsystem or system architecture development
- Prior work experience giving technical briefs or presentations after synthesizing or generating technical materials from multidisciplinary sources. (Note: In person interview process will require giving a short presentation on a missile systems engineering topic of your choice.)
- New Business strategy and business development experience including leading proposal efforts
- Proven experience in program execution and capture
- Experience with profit and loss responsibilities
Preferred Skills and Education
•Current DoD TS/SSBI clearance
•MS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Physics
•Matlab and/or C++ experience
•Modeling and Simulation experience
•Experience with model-based systems engineering
•Missile performance analysis
•Ability to visualize system functionality, to create block diagrams, and to analyze system performance
•Ability to analyze issues and define solutions
•Ability to perform trade studies to optimize system performance
•Familiarity with DoD customer infrastructure with respect to command and control, telemetry, flight test, ISR, kill chains, fixed wing, and/or rotary wing and unmanned systems.
•Understanding of Systems Engineering Product Development Cycle
•Strong communication and leadership skills including effective written, verbal, and listening skills
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top