Senior Systems Requirements Specialist
BAE Systems is looking for a Requirements Manager as a member of the Requirements Management Services Group (RMSG). In this role, the selected candidate will be guiding our engineering disciplines in the proper use of IBM Rational DOORS®, the company standard requirements management tool. As a member of the RMSG, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring each program’s staff assigned to them is addressing requirements in three specific areas: Verification, Compliance, and Risk.
As a service to the Program, it will be the candidate’s responsibility to configure the IBM Rational DOORS® project to correlate to the program’s Specification Tree. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for importing all data from Customer source documents, spreadsheets, and/or PDF files, metrics collection and reporting, and generating Contract Data Requirements List CDRL or Subcontractor Data Requirement List (SDRL) deliverable documents using IBM Rational Publishing Engine.
Other services to the Program will include creation of linksets and linkset pairings, baseline control and baseline sets, metrics collection and reporting, change management using the IBM Rational DOORS® Change Proposal System (CPS), and simple data query scripts using DOORS® Extension Language (DXL).
As a member of the RMSG, the candidate will be collaborating with other RMSG team members to leverage best practices, share scripting capabilities, and support new team initiatives. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree in Systems Engineering or related field and 5 years of experience. (Experience must be on Requirements Management and/or Requirements Analysis)
- Experience with implementing and configuring the IBM Rational DOORS® tool
- Experience with implementing and configuring the IBM Rational Publishing Engine tool
- Scripting simple data queries using DXL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret or higher clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
- Complex DXL skill including Dialog Box creation, user input/data collection, data sorting, filtering, manipulation, and reporting
- Open Source programming skills
- Ability to successfully lead small development teams
- Previous responsibility for budget and schedule of small integration or development teams
- Current Secret clearance and ability to successfully obtain a Top Secret clearance
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top