Senior Systems Engineer - Electronic Warfare
BAE Systems is developing systems in the Electronic Attack (EA) and Electronic Warfare Support (ES) divisions of Electronic Warfare (EW). Motivated and positive minded engineers highly skilled in EA/ES are needed for cross-functional, multi-disciplinary teams. BAE Systems is focused on enhancing operational EW capabilities for a wide variety of platforms. Constituent to the EW objectives of improving air vehicle survivability and executing suppression and destruction of enemy air defenses, BAE Systems develops technology for RF sensing, signal processing, identification, detection, and geolocation of emitters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will involve developing new EA/ES capabilities for application in EW systems and performing systems engineering functions such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, performing system architecture trade studies, originating design concepts or performing systems level integration and test for highly complex systems.
Responsibilities may include:
1. Performing one of more of the following systems engineering functions:
a. Reviews, develops and documents EW system level operational concepts and mission statements.
b. Develops and evaluates complex RF system designs and architectures.
c. Analyze, develop and test EA techniques to counter current and emerging threats to airborne platforms.
d. Develops and analyzes mathematically complex and computationally intricate EA and geolocation algorithms.
e. Performs Threat Analysis to develop EW capabilities.
f. Performs system level integration and test of EW systems.
g. Performs lab debug and analysis of EA techniques.
h. Verifies complex system designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
2. Supporting proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
3. Estimating systems cost and schedules by reviewing statements of work for new and revised projects.
4. Preparing and/or delivering basic customer and technical presentations.
5. Will have extensive outside contact with customers, other contractors and government officials.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Specific skills within the Electronic Attack (EA)/Electronic Warfare Support (ES) divisions of Electronic Warfare (EW) to include:
- Detailed understanding of Surface and Airborne Radar and Missile System employment, capabilities and processing to include Electronic Protection (EP).
- Experience with the offensive (stand-off/escort) and/or offensive (self-protection) EA systems.
- Experience with the development of onboard and/or offboard EA systems as it relates to platform survivability.
- EW system hardware design knowledge as it relates to the detection and countering of radar and missile system engagements.
- In-depth understanding of radar signal processing techniques including EP.
- Understands radar operation and employment including cooperative engagements.
- Understands RWR and SIGINT systems.
- Understands EA/ESM systems architectures.
- Familiar with digital signal processing concepts including FFT and DRFM
- RF / FPGA IV&V skills to include lab debug and analysis work.
- Ability to analyze and model atmospheric propagation of RF signals.
- Knowledge of advanced antenna technologies and performance. Ability to model antenna impacts on received and transmitted signals. Understanding of antenna patterns, polarization, bandwidth, beamwidth etc.
- Ability to effectively document, communicate and work with a team on designs, results, reports and presentations.
Preferred Skills and Education
- B.S. Electrical Engineering with classes leading to an M.S. in either Systems or Electrical Engineering.
- Active United States security clearance, preferably Top Secret
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top