Senior Systems Engineer
We are looking for people with RF Signal, Radar, Radio Frequency or Microwave backgrounds and degrees in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Physics. The successful candidates will serve as a Systems Engineer within the Electronic Combat Systems (ECS) product area. This role will provide internal engineering design and analysis support to the business area in support of ECS programs focusing on RF test, design, and integration.
Day-to-day responsibilities will be to:
• Supporting design, modeling, simulation and analysis of systems with regards to RF, Radar technology.
• Establish and control the system technical baseline Support preparation, execution and completion of System Reviews of Radar Equipment
• Translate operational requirements into technical requirements and architectures
• Support technical exchange meetings for systems design and support functions
• Conduct and support product testing for Radio frequency technology
• Work with program teams during design, production, fielding, and support of ECS programs
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Technical documentation development
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong interpersonal, organization and team building skills
- Proficiency with various types of test equipment and software packages
- Eligible to obtain a Secret clearance
Preferred Skills and Education
Background in Physics, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top