Senior Systems Engineer
Note: Sterling Heights, Michigan is preferred location for this position but candidates from other sites will be considered.
Systems Engineer to support all systems engineering tasks such as requirements analysis, requirements development, Concept of Operations (CONOPS), cost, and risk assessments, trade studies, and document system design descriptions.
- Develop component level performance specification by managing requirements in IBM Rational DOORS
- Create requirements traceability in DOORS
- Develop and maintain requirements compliance and supporting artifacts.
- Develop interface control diagrams (ICDs) between assigned sub-system, system and components.
- Develop trade studies to drive design decisions and document trade study results.
- Coordinate SE activities with IPTs and Specialty Engineering POCs to help influence the design.
- Provide systems engineering input to support program reviews.
- Document concept design decisions and support generating system design concept descriptions and capability assessments.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Must have bachelor degree from an accredited university in engineering with the following experience:
7+ Years with AA
5+ Years with BS
3+ Years with MS
0+ Years with PhD
Required Skills/ Knowledge:
- Have knowledge necessary to write requirements specification (subsystem and component).
- Have knowledge necessary for requirement derivation, allocation and management.
- Develop and manage system functions and requirements using DOORS.
- Balance system design considering system usage CONOPS, performance, constraints, and logistics.
- Generate system design concept descriptions and capability assessments per the program Statement of Work (SOW).
- Plan, conduct and document complex trade studies.
- Be able to manage size, weight, power and cost of system.
- Be able to manage system risk.
- Be familiar with preparation of typical artifacts that are required for program milestone reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with military vehicle systems is preferred.
- Model based systems engineering experience, such as SysML experience
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company.
BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top