Senior Systems Administrator
BAE Systems is seeking a motivated, self-starting Systems Administrator professional to join our Product Dissemination (NPD) Support Team. The position can be filled in either the St. Louis area, or Springfield, VA. The Systems Administrator will work with and provide support across a wide range of applications in a large-scale, multi-network, multi-domain environment. The Systems Administrator will monitor and support compute and storage operations and sustainment to ensure reliable mission operations. Specific responsibilities include:
• Establish and update procedures and documentation and performing daily system monitoring and maintenance, data backup and restoration, data processing utilities, shell scripting, batch processing, security log audits, creation and deployment of server and workstation images.
• Investigate, analyze, correct and test software related issues.
• Investigate vendor vulnerability updates and patches and create/modify scripting to assure system configuration compatibilities.
• Monitors system daily for proper operation, performs routine system preventative and restorative maintenance.
• Interface point of contact for the site user community.
• Interface with site Help Desk and trouble reporting system.
• Assist end users with the use of the system and applications.
• In-depth troubleshooting and timely support.
• Perform backups and system restores.
• Monitor server and workstation functions.
• Ability to develop and train junior level system administrators.
• Maintains Windows and Linux and Systems for a high availability
• Ensure compliance with computer security policy.
• Monitor system usage and perform system tuning.
• Manage tools and equipment.
• Assist users with system problems.
• Develop, maintain, and report meaningful metrics.
• Conduct analysis to determine cause for discrepancies realized through the routine system operations or customer reported problems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- At least 5 year's experience with the administration of Linux systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of administration of Windows, Linux, and Solaris operating systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of cloud technologies (specifically AWS).
- Familiarity with web-based technologies (Apache, IIS, JBoss/Wildfly, Tomcat)
- Familiarity with orchestration tools (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Must have, or the ability to obtain, a DoD 8570 compliant certification (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
- Experience/familiarity with the Certification and Accreditation process.
- B.A. or B.S. degree in an associated technical discipline (or 5 years equivalent work experience)
- A minimum of 3 years' experience in GIS Administration and testing.
- Experience with installation/administration of ArcGIS technologies.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top